Twitter

Follow Jshafer67 on Twitter

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prologue to Greed at the Expen$e of a Child

Prologue



There are many times in life when we stand and question what we have done. We wonder if we had the chance to do it all over again, would we? I can tell you that when it comes to my journey with my husband and the children the answer is yes, I would. While I wish there was a way to go back and make things better for the children, I know that I would go back and take on this battle again, in hopes that I would be able to save them just one more day of pain and suffering.


What I am about to tell you is a love story, a true love story. This is our story, that of myself, my husband and all of our children. I have changed the names of all those involved to protect them and I have only given rough dates to provide a timeline, for you to see how long this has gone on.


I am sure you are wondering why I took the time to tell this story, to relive all the pain. The reason is quite simple. If by telling this story I can save one child from having to go through any of these events then my purpose has been fulfilled. See I can’t go back and make it easier for the girls. I don’t have a magic wand to wave to take away their pain, or erase the memories. All I can do is try to prevent other children from being used, abused and neglected.


If you are going through a divorce, or are close to someone that is going through a divorce and they have children I implore you to have them read this book. Children are not tools to be used, they are unwilling participants in what is happening to them. It is the job of the parent to protect them and make sure they are taken care of. Unfortunately when parents are going through a divorce they tend to forget the children and what is in their best interest.


In this story of true love you are going to see what happens when children are forgotten and used as pawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment