Twitter

Follow Jshafer67 on Twitter

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why does GREED have to destroy everything?

I hope everyone enjoyed Easter with their family.  I was taught as I was growing up how important family should be to everyone.  I was raised in a Catholic family with alot of aunts, uncles and cousins.  Unfortunately, as the years go by, family seems to be less and less important to people.  It seems like this world is turning into a "dog eat dog" world and it's very sad.

I remember many years ago that holidays were for family to be together, to show their love and support of each other.  However, that no longer seems to be the case in alot of families, including my own.

An enormous amount of people are struggling to get by, unemployed, have lost their homes, cars and family members.  That stress alone will tear a family apart.  While we haven't lost our home or cars, we have lost each other.  We don't seem to be as important to each other anymore because we are worried about ourselves.

During the part of my life that I wrote about in my ebook, Greed at the Expen$e of a Child, greed was a big part of destroying the lives of a happy family.  Now, many years later, greed continues to destroy our lives.  It's a different type of "greed" though.  It's not the fact that there will be monetary gains by our actions today, but the fact that we seem to care only for ourselves and what WE can gain out of our actions.  I worry about how we will all treat each other in the next 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment